This list is tailored to Bretton Woods. For properties in other area, please refer to your welcome packet!
Basic needs and quick stops:
- Bretton Woods Market and Deli at the Irving Gas Station: Close to the main entrance to the ski resort on Route 302 and has a good selection of items. They also sell sandwiches, hamburgers and other prepared foods – which are quite good! There is also a limited selection of alcoholic beverages.
- General Store at Living Water Campground/Catalano's Pizzeria and Country Store: a cute country store in a real log building with basic necessities and gifts, attached to a fantastic family restaurant.
- Foster’s Crossroads: a quick 4-mile drive west on 302 from Bretton Woods, this general store is well stocked with basic food items and necessities as well as a hardware store and souvenirs. There is also a limited selection of alcoholic beverages.
- YaYa's Market: A relatively new addition, YaYa's has quickly risen in popularity - and they deserve it! Their food is excellent and the options are wide ranging. You have to try the fried green beans! Visit their Facebook page to see their mouth-watering specials (they change weekly!)
- Littleton Shaw’s: For a "standard" supermarket, head to Shaw’s in Littleton (625 Meadow St, Littleton)
- Bethlehem Village Store in downtown Bethlehem - a small local grocery store and deli; subs and pizza as well!
- Littleton Coop: a fantastic option! Your typical food coop, it has a great selection of high quality, organic and local food.
Most convenience stores and grocery stores carry a variety of beer and wine options including the options listed above. Liquor can be purchased from NH Liquor Stores in the following local locations. You may want to verify the hours of these venues as some are not open during later hours.:
-NH Liquor and Wine Outlet in Whitefield on Lancaster Road past the center of town.
-NH Liquor and Wine Outlet in Littleton on Meadow Street near the Hampton Inn.
Breakfast – Our Favorite Meal when up in the mountains
Polly’s Pancake Parlor – Sugar Hill – 19mi - $$
Standard breakfast options and famous “build-your-own” pancake choices
Glen Junction Restaurant – Bartlett – 25mi - $
Delicious and creative breakfast, large menu, kid friendly, operating train
Mount Washington Hotel - 2 mi - $$$
Buffet is fantastic and served many days - call to verify – Fantastic setting & food
White Mountain Hotel – North Conway – 31mi - $$
Sunday brunch is amazing, best view if you’re headed to Conway anyway!
The Red Fox – Jackson – 28 mi - $
Best Sunday Brunch deal around – all you can eat for under $10!
Littleton Diner – Littleton - 17 mi - $
Classic Breakfast and Lunch diner
The Coffee Pot – Littleton - 17 mi - $
Local diner with all-day breakfast and lunch
Munroe’s Family Restaurant – Twin Mountain – 5mi - $
Grandma’s Kitchen – Whitefield – 13mi - $
The Notchland Inn – Harts Location – 13mi - $$$ - reservation required
Single seating at 7:00pm, 5-course with multiple gourmet options
The Mount Washington Hotel, Bretton Arms – 2mi - $$$
Make sure to get a reservation as this is often fully booked
Adair Country Inn – Bethlehem – 15mi - $$
The Mount Washington Hotel Main Dining Room – 2mi - $$$
The Wentworth – Jackson – 28mi - $$
Dinner to the North - Bretton Woods to Littleton
Stickney’s at The Mount Washington Hotel - $$
Rosa Flamingo’s – Bethlehem – 11mi - $$
Cold Mountain Café – Bethlehem – 11mi - $$
Schilling Beer Co. – Littleton – 17mi - $$
Grille One Eleven – Littleton – 17mi - $$
Jing Fong Chinese Restaurant – Littleton – 17mi - $$
Chang Thai – Littleton – 17mi - $$
Dinner to the South - Bartlett to North Conway
White Mountain Cider Co. – Bartlett - $$ - 25mi
May Kelly’s Irish Pub – North Conway – 30mi - $$
Shalimar of India – North Conway - $$ - 31mi
Thai Nakonping – North Conway - $$ - 31mi
Ledges Restaurant – North Conway - $$ - 31mi
Muddy Moose – North Conway - $$ - 31mi
Stonehurst Manor – North Conway - $$ - 29mi
Lobster Trap – North Conway - $$ - 30mi
Moat Mountain Smokehouse – North Conway - $$ - 30mi
Wildcat Inn and Tavern – Jackson - $$ - 28mi
Casual and Lunch
Meadow Ice Cream (Fantastic Seafood!) – Littleton - 18mi - $
Fabyan’s Station -- Bretton Woods – 1mi - $$
Littleton Diner – Littleton – 17mi - $
The Little Grille at the Depot – Littleton – 16mi - $
The Grille at The Mount Washington Hotel – 2mi - $$
Latitude 44 at the top of Bretton Woods ski area - $$
Catalano’s (great for take out) – 3mi - $
Cave Bar – The Mount Washington Hotel – Unique “speakeasy” setting in the lower level